Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"THE" Buttons















Last week while my 3 older kids were in school, Kade (3 yr. old) and I went out "junkin". That's my verb for antique store bargaining, thrift store rummaging, salvation army browsing, garage sale hoppin' and general curbside snatching! It was a very productive day, bowling pin for $1 and it will end up a mosaic piece one of these years, a frame here, a plate there and then I hit the mother load.....over 2800 new in package, never opened, sitting in their original boxes, shiny and gleaming....Crystal Glass Buttons. They are all glass and the front is mirror with a recessed center. Octagon shaped and unscratched.


The packages are marked Made in Germany American Zone and the box has the lot numbers on it as well as item number and other info. Only 3 packages were falling apart...all the others are intact and there are a gross per package and about 20 packages in the boxes total..some buttons are loose so I need to get an accurate count. But I posted this find in a forum on Etsy yesterday and realized that it is time I started this blog since I had no way of showing everyone what I was talking about. I think they are beautiful and the jury is still out on how much everyone thinks they are worth. I won't tell you what I paid for them but I will tell you that I LOVE them and can't decide what to do with them yet.

2 comments:

Barbra said...

Great start to your blog and those buttons are great!!!

Kari Crump Mosaics said...

Thanks so much..learning something new everyday...LOVE your etsy shop and your blog as well, very inspiring!